Setting watch variables in the Tracer tool
Set a watch variable to detect when processing changes the value of a property. After you set a watch variable, you can minimize the Tracer window and continue working. Focus returns to the Tracer window when the property value changes.For example, if you watch a case status, you can see who changes the status of a particular case,and when. You can use this information when a case unexpectedly fails to successfully reach a resolution.
- On the developer toolbar, click Tracer, or click on an activity, data transform, or service rule form.
- In the Tracer toolbar, click Watch.
- In the Page Name field, enter the name of the page that stores the property to watch, or enter a parameter for the parameter page.
- Enter the property name without a period in front of it in the field, or select to watch this page for page messages.
- Select variables to watch:
- To watch a single property, in the Property Name, enter the property to watch.
- To watch the page for page messages, select the Or Page Messages.
- Click Set Watch.
- To watch more properties, repeat steps 3 through 6
- Optional: To remove a watch variable, select the check box in the Remove column, and then click Remove.
- Click Close.
Previous topic Setting breakpoints in the Tracer tool Next topic Selecting a session to trace