Provide guidance and methodology information to developers and other
stakeholders by defining which information the application documentation includes. As a
result, you can provide relevant details about your software and the methodology that
your team implements.
For example, you can define the business goals that you
want your application to meet and provide additional relevant materials by adding
attachments to your application overview.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click
- Click the Documentation tab.
- In the Application guides section, add guides that you
want developers to follow during creating applications.
- In the Supporting specification types section, describe
the functionalities that you want to implement:
- In the Name field, enter a label for the
- In the Short description field, provide brief
information about the functionality.
- Optional: To add more specifications, click Add
specification, and then repeat steps 4.a through 4.b.
- In the Business objectives section, in the
Description field, briefly describe a goal that you
want to achieve in your application.
- In the Releases section, click Add
item, and then in the field, provide a new release version for
- Optional: To change the value of the release version that Pega Platform provides by default, click the field for the release, and then provide a
- Optional: To provide a more detailed timeline of your application development, in the
Iterations section, click Add
item, and then provide an iteration for your application.
- In the Attachments section, provide reference materials
about your application development and planned design, by clicking
Add/Edit attachments, and then attaching
- To attach a file, in the Attach files section, drag
a file or click Select file(s) and navigate to the
file that you want to add, and then click
- To attach a URL, in the Enter a link section,
provide a URL and a short description of the URL content, and then click
- In the Organization section, specify the organizational
owner for your application:
- Click Update.
- In the Update Organizational Unit dialog box,
select the organization, division, and unit that own your
- Click Submit.
The organizational structure impacts the routing and reporting in your
application of, for example, notifications to managers.
- In the DCO settings section, in the Project
Methodology list, select a methodology that you want to
implement during application development, for example, select
- Click Save.