Reduce the number of processing errors by testing calculated properties in
the Declarative Network Viewer.
By determining the value of a property
automatically (declaratively), you reduce the number of manual calculations required and improve
system efficiency. The viewer is a tool that displays the relationship between declarative
properties based on changes to other property values. You can also use the viewer to test
whether the properties calculate correctly, and set up tests for future use.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the Decision category, and then click
- In the list, select the declare expression that you want to test.
- In the declare expression, click .
- In the Test Page section, select the context to use for the test:
- In the Data Context list, click the thread in which you want
to run the rule.
- Optional: To discard all previous test results and start from a blank test page, click
- In the section with the declare expression that you want to test, define the value of
the properties that the system uses to calculate the declarative property:
Result: The value of the declare expression changes to reflect the updated properties.
You can now see whether the declarative property calculates correctly.
- Click a property that you want to define, and then enter its value in the
- Click Update.
- Repeat steps 6.a
through 6.b for all
properties in the expression.
- Optional: To save the settings as a test scenario, click Convert to test,
and then complete the New tab.