You can test a decision table individually, before testing it in the context of the
application that you are developing. Additionally, you can convert the test run to a Pega unit
Unit testing a decision table involves specifying a test page for the
rule to use, providing sample data as the input, running the rule, and examining the
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click , and then select the decision table you want to test.
- Click .
- In the Data Context list, click the thread in which you want to
run the rule.
- Select a method for creating the test page.
- Select Copy existing page to copy values from a thread of
an existing clipboard page to the main test page.
- Select Create or reset test page to create a new test page
or reset the values of an existing test page.
- To apply a data transform to the values on the test page, click the link in the
Apply field and then select a data transform.
- To clear the Result pane, click Reset Page.
- To switch the current context, select a thread in the Data
Context list and then click Switch Context.
- To display the test results, enter data in the Result panel and then click
Run again.Result: The value that you enter and the result that is returned are the values that are
used for the default decision result assertion that is generated when you convert this
test to a test case.
- Optional: To view the pages that are generated by the unit test, click Show
Clipboard. For more information, see Clipboard pages created by the Run Rule feature.
- To convert the test into a Pega unit test case, click Convert to
Test. For more information, see Creating unit test cases for rules.
- Optional: To view the row on the Table tab that produced the test result,
click the Result Decision Paths link. If the Evaluate
All Rows option on the Results tab is selected, all
the rows that are true are highlighted.