You can use the
feature to test a decision tree
individually before testing it in the context of the application that you are
You specify a test page for the rule to use, provide sample data as the input, run the rule,
and examine the results. Additionally, you can convert the test run to a Pega unit test
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click , and then select the decision tree you want to test.
- Click .
- In the Data Context list, click the thread in which you want to
run the rule.
- Select a method for creating the test page.
- Select Copy existing page to copy values from a thread of
an existing clipboard page to the main test page.
- Select Create or reset test page to create a new test page
or reset the values of an existing test page.
- To apply a data transform to the values on the test page, click the link in the
Apply field and then select a data transform.
- To clear the Result pane, click Reset Page.
- To switch the current context, select a thread in the Data
Context list and then click Switch Context.
- To display the test results, enter data in the Result panel and then click
Run again.Result: The value that you enter and the result that is returned are the values that are
used for the default decision result assertion that is generated when you convert this
test to a test case.
- Optional: To view the pages that are generated by the unit test, click Show
Clipboard. For more information, see Clipboard pages created by the Run Rule feature.
- To convert the test into a Pega unit test case, click Convert to
Test. For more information, see Creating unit test cases for rules.
- Optional: To view the row on the Decision tab that produced the test
result, click the Result Decision Paths link.