The Care Management framework supports an integrated survey tool that allows you to:
- directly set up the text and display format for plan assessments
- combine text and display formats into groups and questionnaires
- automatically generate screens for end-user data entry
- use dynamic display-and-hide functionality of questions based on responses
- use a scoring mechanism for easy roll-up of question-level scores
- provide a decision mechanism for further processing based on answers provided
This flexible approach to questionnaire components and packaging promotes standardization, re-use, and enables rapid definition of new assessments.
If you want to use assessments as part of your initial deployment, you use the survey tools to create them. The Care Management framework provides several working examples that you can copy and use to create your own.
The key rules used by the survey tool are:
- Questionnaire - defines the top level structure for a new assessment.
- Question Group - used to reference both questions and collections of questions. It provides the ability to conditionally display questions based on answers to other questions. Validations and post-validation activities are also defined in this rule.
- Question - defines the content of a single question.
- Question Collection - defines questions that have multiple answers (e.g. check boxes) or questions that are logically grouped together such as radio buttons where each question can have the same range of answers (e.g. rating on a scale of 1-5).
See Creating Questionnairesfor step by step instructions to create questionnaires and structure assessments.
Return to About the Care Management Framework