Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Care Management - Deploying the Alert Processor
The Care Management Framework contains a Data-Admin-Queue instance in the PegaClinical RuleSet called Alert Processor that is derived from a Rule-Agent-Queue instance of the same name/class.
It is this data queue that processes all active alerts on a recurring schedule each day.
Out of the box, the queue is set to process alerts at 1:00 AM every day when the status of the work item is PENDING.
When the agent processes an alert in the queue, it:
- Evaluates scheduling information to determine if the alert is scheduled to run. If it is not, it evaluates the next alert in the queue.
- Evaluates the data source information to find claim criteria and create a result set. If there is none, it evaluates the next alert in the queue.
- Matches the codes against the data source result set.
- Stores all events on the alert work item in case of a matching event.
- Processes all dormant work items if the alert is looking for the presence of a claim.
The following diagram shows this chain of processing events by the agent.
To deploy the Alert Processor, consider the following configuration changes:
Changing the Schedule of the Alert Processor
- Copy the Alert Processor queue rule to your RuleSet
- Update the parameters located on the Scheduled Activities tab
Implementing Error Reporting
- Copy the activities listed in the table below to your RuleSet
- Add your reporting requirements
Configuration Tip: Configure your clipboard pagesto capture processing information in the activity ReportAlertProcessorProblem. Then, use the activity CreateAlertProcessorReport to handle the collection of data for each daily run of the alert processor agent.
Return to About the Care Management Framework