You can use a connector to add a results-based path to a flow. By using run-time
values to determine which path a flow follows, you can create cases that support more than one
outcome.Note: Use results-based paths for decisions that your application can make without human input.
For more information supporting decisions that users can make, see Adding an alternate path to an assignment.
- Open a flow by searching for it or by using the Application Explorer. For more information,
see Finding rules by class.
- Define a new path by connecting a sequence of shapes to an existing shape the flow.
For more information about the different shapes that you can use, see
- Configure the result, or return value, that causes the flow to follow the new path.
- Double-click the connector that goes from the existing shape in the flow to the
first shape in the new path.
- In the Condition type list, select Result .
- In the Result field, enter text or a predefined value, based on the shapes that you
are connecting. For example, a Decision shape returns True or False values when it is
configured with a Boolean Expression, or property values when it is configured with a
- In the Likelihood field, enter a number between 1 and 100 to control the order in
which your application evaluates the connector at run time.
- Click Submit.
- Review the configuration of all other paths, or connectors, from the shape to ensure that it supports the following best practices:
- There is only one Else connector, so that the flow can
continue when no conditions return a true value.
- There are no Always connectors, which are applicable only
when there is a single path from one shape to another.
- Each connector provides a unique Likelihood value.