Complement your case life cycle with a supporting process to allow case
workers, for example customer service representatives (CSRs), to determine when a case
requires additional processing.
A supporting process runs independently of the
case life cycle, but can change the stage or status of the case. For example, a CSR who works on
a hiring process can collect and check additional references from a job candidate, which brings
the case closer to a resolution.
Result: The supporting process runs as a step in the current stage of
the case.What to do next: Provide relevant tasks for your process and decide when a user
can work on the process:
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- In the Case life cycle section, click Optional
- In the Case wide actions section, click
- In the action menu, choose a supporting process:
- To add a new process, click Process, and then replace the
default label with a new descriptive name.
- To use an existing process, click Select., and then click
- Optional: To start the process when a user creates a case, in the Process
properties panel, select the Automatically start when this case
starts check box.
- Click Save.