Configure a resolution method in a stage to control the final status and processing that occurs when a case reaches the end of its life cycle.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle if Optional actions is selected.
- Decide which stage resolves the case, which is typically the last primary stage in the life cycle or an alternate stage.
- Click the stage.
- On the General tab of the property panel, click Resolve the case.
- Optional: Change the default final status for resolved cases, by using one of the following
- To use an existing status, press the Down Arrow key in the Resolution status field, and then select a status value.
- To create a new status, enter a unique name in the Resolution
status field by using the format
Resolved-[your status name].
- Optional: Clean up dependencies when the current case is resolved.
- Select the Resolve open child cases check box.
- In the Resolution status of child cases field, enter a final status for child cases by repeating step 7.
- Click Save.