Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Creating cases from a web mashup
To manage business processes of customers who use external software, embed a case into an external application or a web page by using a web mashup. You can generate an HTML code that you insert into an external web page or application, so that users can create cases even without access to Pega Platform software.You can also test how the mashup code that you generate looks in a mobile app, or preview a channel to verify that mashup code displays correctly on different types of devices.
For example, you can embed a case type mashup gadget for processing job applications on a web page that displays job offers.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click Web mashup.
- In the Basic options section, in the Name field, enter a name for the Mashup channel interface that you want to use to create case types.
- Optional: To distinguish this channel interface from other Mashup channel interfaces, in
the Description field, specify the purpose of this
For example: Enter Case type for processing job applications.
- In the URL field, enter the URL for a Pega Platform instance.The URL format is https://host/prweb/app/applicationname_sessionidentifier.
For example: http://sample.pega.com:8080/prweb/app/sampleapp_1234
- Optional: To generate the mashup snippet with URL encryption, turn on the Use encryption toggle.
- In the Configuration section, in the Action list, select Create a new case type.
- In the Case type list, select a case type that you want to use.
- In the Flow name field, select the flow action that
starts the case type.By default, the flow action that starts a case type is pyStartCase.
- In the Thread name field, enter the name of the thread that handles the mashup.
- Optional: To load the mashup gadget as the last item on the page, turn on the Defer mashup load toggle.
- Configure output options for the mashup gadget:
- In the Skin list, select a skin that you want to use for the case type mashup gadget.
- In the Iframe resizing list, select the resize mode for the mashup gadget.
- In the Initial skeleton list, select the
skeleton to organize content within the mashup gadget.
Tip: You can check how the skeleton organizes content by clicking Skeleton preview.
- Click Generate mashup code, and then, in the Mashup code window, click Copy.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Calling an activity or an automation from a flow Next topic Configuring external storage options for attachments