A work queue is a container that holds work that is waiting to be assigned to operators and robotic processes. Create a work queue so that work can be categorized prior to being assigned.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Create Work queue tab, in the Short
description field, describe the purpose of the work queue.
For example: Enter Loan requests.
- In the Work queue field, enter a name that clearly conveys the
purpose of the work queue and its contents to users of the application.
Note: For a better distinction between work queues and other organization elements, append the WQ characters to the work queue name. Note: You cannot use
pyBulkProcessingas a work queue name. This value is reserved for background bulk processing.
For example: Enter LoanRequestsWQ.
- Click Create and open to open the rule form.
Note: The ruleset name assists with application packaging and is not used for assigning work. To change the ruleset, click Edit at the top of the form next to the default ruleset name, and enter a new ruleset name or leave the field blank.
- Specify an organization, division, and unit. For more information, see Associating a work queue with an organization.
- Click Save.