Enable automatic creation for a child case type to create a child case each time that a parent case is created.
Ensure that you open the correct version of your case type if it has multiple parent case types. The instantiation details for a child case type are unique to each parent case type.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Settings tab, click Instantiation.
- Select the Automatically by system when check box.
- Click Parent case starts.
Result: If your case type has more than one parent case type, the parent is determined by the navigation path that you followed in the Case Type Explorer to open the case type.
- Optional: To refine the conditions that control whether a case is created, press the Down Arrow key in the Allow only when field, and then select the name of a when condition.
- Click Save.