Links may not function; however, this content may be relevant to outdated versions of the product.
Importing a case type
To reduce the complexity of your application, share templates for business processes between your applications by importing case types.For example, when you have multiple applications to deal with different kinds of loan requests, you can share the template for the loan request review process.
- Define a build-on application from which you want to import the case types:
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App.
- Under the name of your application work pool, click .
- In the Class inheritance section, in the Parent class (Directed) field, enter the work pool of your built-on application.
- Click Save.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- In the Case types panel, click .
- Review the list of top-level case types that you add to your application.
Case types with the same name as an existing case type in your application do not appear in this list.
- Optional: To exclude a case type from the import process, clear the check box next to the name of that case type.
- Click Submit.
Previous topic Standard rules and extension points for case status Next topic Creating and managing cases