Resolve cases faster by propagating data from a parent case every time you
create a new child case. By sharing data between cases, you save time and ensure that your
application uses consistent data throughout the entire case life cycle.
example, you can create a parent case type that represents an accident claim review, and then
supplement the process with child case types that visualize the estimation of vehicle damage and
injuries. When you then create child case types, your application automatically copies the
personal details of the customer issuing the claim into the new child case types. As a result,
you save time because the information is already in the child cases.
Before you begin: Create a child case type. For more information, see Creating a child case type.
To propagate data, you first define the source properties in a
parent case type that store the information that you want to copy, and then define the target
properties in the child case type in which you want to reuse the data.
Result: At run time, when you create a child case type, your application
propagates the values of the properties that you select.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- Click the Settings tab, and then click Data
- In the Data propagation section, click a child case in which you
want to reuse data.
- Click Add property.
- In the Propagate property value field, press the Down arrow key,
and then select the source property from which to copy data.For example: You can enter a full property name to specify an embedded property. For example,
enter .pyWorkParty(Customer).pyWorkPartyUri to specify the
pyWorkPartyUri property that is defined on the Customer page of the
pyWorkParty page group.
- In the To property value field, press the Down arrow key, and
then select the name of the property that your application sets in the child case at run
- Click OK.
- Optional: To propagate the values of more properties from the parent case type, repeat steps
- Optional: To apply a data transform to set property values:
- Select the Apply data transform check box, and then select a
data transform to apply.
- On the Definition tab of the data transform, in the
Source field, enter
Note: Do not add
param before the page property name because the
parameter is of the Page name type.
- On the Pages & Classes tab, in the Page
Name field, enter pyParentPageName.
- In the Class field, enter a class that is equal to the class
of the parent case.
- On the Parameters tab, add a new entry with a name of
- In the Data type field, select Page
Note: Do not mark the parameter as required because the system provides the value at
- Click Save.