Adding optional actions to cases
Allow customer service representatives (CSRs) to perform out-of-sequence tasks that do not influence the main events in the case life cycle by supplementing your business processes with optional actions.For example, a customer can give a CSR a new phone number when the CSR processes the Financial History assignment in an Auto Loan case. The CSR can complete the Update Contact Info task to update the phone number without moving the Auto Loan case to a different step or stage.
For relevant training materials, see the Adding optional actions to a workflow module on Pega Academy.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the case working area, on the Workflow tab, click Optional actions.
- In the Case wide actions section, click Action.
- In the Action menu, select the type of action that you want to
- To add a task, click Collect information.
- To add a process, click Process, and then add steps by
For more information about configuring steps, see Steps in a case life cycle.
- To add a multistep form, click Multistep form, and then add steps by clicking Form step.
- To add a user action, click , and then click Select.
- In the text field, replace the default label for the action with a descriptive action name.
- Click Save.
At run time, optional tasks appear in the header of a case.
Previous topic Configuring and working with optional actions in case types Next topic Adding optional actions to stages