Adding supporting processes to stages
You can provide greater flexibility to your cases and complement them with more information by adding supporting processes to stages. When you add a supporting process to a stage, additional processing can occur only while the case is in that stage.For example, a customer service representative that works on a car insurance case can use a supporting process to collect additional information and materials about the accident, when the case is in a Collect accident details stage.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the Case life cycle section, click Optional actions.
- In the Stage-only actions section, click Action below the stage to which you want to add a supporting process.
- Choose a supporting process:
- To add a new process, click Process.
- To add an existing process, click , and then select a process.
- Replace the default label for the process with a name that describes the purpose.
- Click Save.
- Add meaningful actions to new processes, or supplement existing processes with more tasks, by adding steps. For more information, see Adding single steps to processes.
- Define the conditions for when users see the process. For more information, see Displaying supporting processes conditionally.
Previous topic Adding supporting processes to cases Next topic Displaying supporting processes conditionally