Aggregating data in a parent case
Speed up case processing by configuring a parent case to update specific values each time the values in child cases change.For example, you can create a parent case that represents a request for an insurance offer, and then supplement the case with child cases that visualize life insurance and property insurance in an insurance application. When a customer service representative (CSR) updates the values in the child cases, the insurance application automatically calculates the total value in the parent case.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- Click the Settings tab, and then click Calculations.
- In the Calculations section, click Add calculation.
- In the Calculated property field, press the Down arrow key, and
then select the property in which you want to aggregate data.
The calculated property stores the sum of other properties, across all child cases of the parent case.
Caution: Ensure that this property is not associated with a declare expression, because the value of the property can be overwritten.
- In the Case type list, select a class of a case type that is a child of your current case type.
- In the Property field, press the Down Arrow key, and select the name of a single-value property that you want to add to the cumulative property.
- Optional: To add more properties that the system sums up at run time, click Add property, and then repeat steps 5 through 6.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Sharing data between parent and child cases Next topic Propagating data to a child case