Use the Assign to Robot Queue shape in a flow to integrate Robotic Process Automation (RPA) with a case. By defining the tasks that a virtual machine (VM) can run, you can reduce the need for human input in your application and resolve cases faster.
- Add the Assign to Robot Queue shape to your flow:
- Open a flow by searching for it or by using the Application Explorer. For more information, see Finding rules by class.
- On the Diagram tab of the Flow form, click the Flow shapes icon, and select .
- Drag the Assign to Robot Queue shape to a position on the flow diagram, based on the order of events in the flow.
- Connect the Assign to Robot Queue shape, by dragging connector end points to connection points on different shapes in the flow.
- Open the Robot queue dialog box by double-clicking the Assign to Robot Queue shape.
- Define the context of the robotic automation, which runs as a subprocess of the current
- To work on the current case, from the Define flow list, select On current page.
- To work on a specific case, from the Define flow list,
select On specific work item. Complete the Work
property, Class , and Page
If the case is open as a page on the clipboard, you can leave the Work property field blank.
If the case does not already have a page and you do not provide a page name, you application creates a page named
pyNextObj_1, and so on.
- To work on an embedded page, from the Define flow list,
select On embedded page. Complete the Page
property and Class field names.
The Page property field must use a mode of
Page List, or
If you want to use a class that is not known at design time, in the Class field, you must enter a property reference or expression.
- In the Route to queue field, enter the name of the work queue
from which the VM retrieves assignments.
Result: The Route to robot queue shape creates the assignment that the VM retrieves.
- In the Run robotic automation field, enter the automation that the virtual machine runs after retrieving the assignment.
- Optional: To update the status of a case by synchronizing it with the state of the robotic
assignment, set the case status changes in the Set case status when
section. For each of the assignment states that you want to map to a case status, perform
one of the following actions:
- To select a case status that is triggered by a robotic assignment state, press the Down Arrow key in the corresponding field.
- To create a custom status, enter a unique name in the field and click on the Open rule icon.
If you do not select a status in a corresponding field, the previous state of the case will be carried forward.
The following predefined robotic assignment states add the capability to automatically update your case status and track its progress in a more granular way.
Robotic assignment state Description Assignment is queued Change case status when a robotic assignment is added to a work queue. Note: Work queues are called assignment types in Pega Robot Manager. Robotic Automation is in progress Change case status when a robot pulls the assignment and starts working on it. Robotic Automation has conflicting results Change case status when a robotic assignment is completed but returns data that fails validations specified for the case. Robotic Automation fails Change case status when a robotic assignment could not be completed and failed. Robotic Automation times out Change case status when a robotic assignment could not be completed in the threshold time specified in the assignment type/work queue.
- Optional: Validate case data after the assignment is processed by pressing the Down Arrow key in the Assignment validation criteria field and selecting a validation rule.
- Optional: Apply a goal and deadline to the assignment by pressing the Down Arrow key in the Assignment service level field, and select the name of a service-level agreement.
- Optional: Allow the main flow to continue processing without waiting for the robotic automation to complete by selecting the Spinoff flow check box.
- Close the Robot queue dialog box by clicking Submit.
- Click Save.