Assigning tasks to users
Improve business process efficiency by assigning tasks to appropriate individuals or groups of individuals. For example, you can create a task for a CSR to follow up with a customer, and then route that assignment to the CSR work queue.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, select a task that you want to route.
- In the properties panel, in the Step section, in the
Route to list, identify the user or team that performs the
- To assign the task to the user who last updated the case, select Current user.
- To assign the task to another user in your application, select Specific
user, and then configure the user parameters.
You can assign the task to a user by user name, a user by user reference, the reporting manager of the user who last updated the case, or a case participant.
- To assign the task to a team that shares a work queue, select Work queue, and then select a team.
- To automatically assign the task to a user with the appropriate availability,
skill set, or workload, select Use business logic, and then click
the Configure business logic icon.
For more information about configuring business-based routing, see Assigning users automatically at run time.
- Click Save.
- Assigning users automatically at run time
Process your business cases with flexibility and efficiency by using business logic to automatically determine which individual or group of individuals receives an assignment in a case. Instead of entering specific names of users and teams, you can provide conditions that your application evaluates at run time to assign a task.
- Configuring business logic-based routing APIs
To process cases quicker, ensure that assignments are routed to the most appropriate workers by using custom APIs for business logic-based routing. You can choose from default APIs or add custom APIs to meet your unique business needs. You can also override APIs to modify lists of available operators and work queues, so that the lists contain only relevant workers.
- Configuring custom routing logic for assignments
Determine which user or team receives an assignment in a case by configuring custom routing logic. By using an activity instead of business logic, you can access advanced features that support complex use cases.
Previous topic Updating the organizational structure by using the organizational chart Next topic Assigning users automatically at run time