Configure a resolution method in a stage to control the final status and
processing that occurs when a case reaches the end of its life cycle.
you can configure a Car insurance claim case type to have two possible resolution statuses:
. To reach the
status, you configure the case flow to
follow the primary stage sequence. To reach the
status, you redirect the case flow to an
Result: When all steps in the stage reach completion, the case and its
open child cases change status to the new values. By default, when a case reaches its
resolution, the current case is set to Resolved-Completed, and
open child cases are set to Resolved-Unspecified.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- Click the stage at which you want to resolve the case.
Typically, the last primary stage in the life cycle or an alternate stage resolves a
- In the Stage property pane, on the General
tab, click Resolve the case.
- Optional: To change the default final status for the resolved case, select the new status:
For example: Enter Resolved-MoneyDisbursed.
- To use an existing status, in the Resolution status field,
press the Down arrow key, and then select a status value.
- To create a new status, in the Resolution status field,
enter a unique name by using the format Resolved-[your status
- Optional: To clean up dependencies when the current case reaches its resolution, specify the
- Optional: To delete any open assignments from the previous stages, select the
Delete open assignments check box.
- Select the Resolve open child cases check box.
If you clear the check box, the child cases continue their execution.
- Optional: To change the default final status for the resolved child cases, select the new
For example: Enter Resolved-Withdrawn.
- To use an existing status, in the Resolution status of child
cases field, press the Down arrow key, and then select a status
- To create a new status, in the Resolution status of child
cases field, enter a unique name by using the format
Resolved-[your status name].
- Click Save.