Determine which user or team receives an assignment in a case by configuring custom routing logic. By using an activity instead of business logic, you can access advanced features that support complex use cases.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App.
- On the Classes tab, expand the case type where you want to edit the assignment, and then click .
- On the Edit Flow form, on the Diagram tab, double-click an assignment.
- In the Assignment properties dialog box, in the Routing section, from the Route to list, select Custom.
- In the Assignment type list, choose a type of destination for
- To route the assignment to a specific user or worklist, select Worklist.
- To route the assignment to a team or work queue, select Work queue.
- Specify the router activity that sets the AssignTo parameter to the
name of a worklist or a work queue:
- To use an existing activity, in the Router field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the router activity.
- If you do not have an activity defined, in the Route to list, select Operator, and then provide the name of the property that stores an operator ID.
- If the router activity accepts parameters, in the Parameters section, enter values for these fields.
- Optional: If you route the assignment to a work queue, to send the assignment to the user who is currently processing the case when no work queue is found, in the Advanced section, select the Use current operator when work queue not found.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.