You can configure dynamic views that your application displays when users proceed through a case. By changing the default fields in these views, you can customize the forms that users access when they create, update, or review the case.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the case working area, click the Views tab, and then click a
dynamic view.Dynamic views display the Dynamic view icon.
- In the dynamic view window, click Edit this view.
- In the dialog window, update the dynamic view:
- To add a preconfigured field, in the properties panel, expand the Fields section, and then click Add to view next to the field that you want to add.
- To reuse an existing view, in the properties panel, expand the Views section, and then click Add to view next to the view that you want to add.
- To include a data object in your view, in the properties panel, expand the Data objects section, and then click Add to view next to the data object that you want to add.
- To create a new field, in the working area, click Add field, and then provide a descriptive name for the field.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.
- Skipping forms to collect information before case processing
Speed up case creation and provide flexibility for your cases by skipping the Create dynamic view. When you need to capture user input as a part of case processing, you can skip the Create dynamic view. In that scenario, the case enters the first stage immediately, while users provide information during case processing. Then you can create the form to collect information from users to precisely meet your specific needs.