You can handle business exceptions or track related tasks in the case that
you currently process by creating an ad hoc case. With an ad hoc case, you can resolve
exceptional processes without modifying the existing case structure, because ad hoc
cases are not instances of a case type.
For example, a case worker, such as
a human resources employee, can create an ad hoc case when an application from a job
candidate requires an additional background check.
- In the Case Manager portal, in the My Cases widget, in the
Create an ad hoc case text field, enter a name for
your ad hoc case.
- Click Quick create.
- Add tasks to the ad hoc case:
- In the My cases widget, click the name of the ad
hoc case that you created.
- In the upper-right corner of the portal, click .
- In the Ad hoc case dashboard section, click
Add a task, and then specify instructions for
the task, an assignee, and a deadline.
- Click Submit.