Ensure that you can resolve a business process when an exception occurs by adding an alternate stage to the case life cycle. For example, you can use an alternate stage to process the cases that managers reject.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- Create an alternate stage:
- To create a new alternate stage, in the Case life cycle section, click Alternate stage.
- To convert a primary stage to an alternate stage, on the menu next to the stage name, click Set as alternate stage.
- Optional: To let the case worker decide which stage the case enters after this stage, in the stage property panel, select Wait for a user action.
- Click Save.