Manage the business processes of clients who use external software by
embedding a case into their external web page in the form of a web mashup. For example,
you can embed a case type for processing job applications on a web page that displays
By generating mashup code in HTML and inserting it into an
external web page or application, you enable users to interact with Pega content and create
cases even without having access to Pega Platform software.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click
- On the New Web mashup interface form, in the Basic options
section, in the Name field, enter a name for the mashup
that you want to use to create case types.
- Optional: To distinguish this channel interface from other Mashup channel interfaces, in
the Description field, specify the purpose of this
- In the autopopulated URL field, verify the URL for a
Pega Platform instance.
- Optional: To generate the mashup snippet with URL encryption, turn on the Use
- In the Configuration section, in the
Action list, select Create a new
- In the Case type list, select a case type that you want
- In the Flow name field, enter the case type starting
- In the Thread name field, enter the name of the thread
that handles the mashup.
- Optional: To load the mashup gadget as the last item on the page, turn on the
Defer mashup load switch, and then initiate the
mashup load process in the onload event of the host page.
- Optional: To retain the state of the case after the user refreshes the browser that
displays the mashup, turn on the Retain mashup state on browser
- Optional: To validate dynamic parameters in the mashup request, turn on the
Allow passing dynamic parameters switch.
- Configure the output options for the mashup:
- In the Skin list, select the skin rule that you
want to use for the mashup.
- In the Iframe resizing list, select the resize
mode for the mashup.
- In the Initial skeleton list, select the
skeleton to provide a template for the mashup.
- Optional: To add a parameter, for example a parameter for custom authentication, in the
Custom parameters section, click the Add a
row icon, and then enter a parameter name and value.
- In the What is a mashup section, click Generate
mashup code, and then, in the Mashup code
window, select the type of code that you want to copy:
- To copy the iFrame code, above the iframe code
window, click Copy.
- To copy the mashup code, above the Mashup code
window, click Copy.
- Close the Mashup code window.
- Click Save.
- Optional: To preview how different devices display the mashup code, in App Studio, click Preview
application, and then select the channel that you want to
preview by clicking the channel name next to the application name.