Creating temporary cases
To resolve unique cases that you do not intend to persist, and to save database resources, create a temporary case. For example, you can create a temporary case that tracks the delivery status of a package. This case is useful when customers want to know when their package arrives, but after the customer receives the package, you do not need to persist the case.
For relevant training materials, see the Creating and persisting temporary cases module on Pega Academy.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the case working area, click the Settings tab.
- In the navigation pane, click General.
- In the Behavior section, select the Create temporary case that is not saved until a 'Persist case' step is reached check box.
- Click Save.
- Creating temporary cases on a case type rule form
To complete your very specific business scenario, you can create temporary cases on a case type rule form in Dev Studio for case types that include the Create stage. Temporary cases help you save database resources because the system does not store any data information about such cases until they become persistent.
Previous topic Locking stand-alone cases Next topic Creating temporary cases on a case type rule form