Ensure that your business process reaches a resolution on time, by defining
an escalation action for a case. By enforcing service-level agreements (SLAs) and
implementing escalation actions, you enforce timely resolution of cases and meet
deadlines that you agree on with your customers.
For example, if a customer
service representative (CSR) fails to resolve a case within first goal and then deadline, a
reporting manager receives email messages with case details.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- In the case working area, click the Settings tab, and
then click Goal & deadline.
- In the Goal section, in the
Notify subsection, select recipients of the
- To notify a creator of the case, select
- To notify the participants of the case, select
- If you select to notify participants, click Manage
participants, select the case participants that you want to
notify, and then click Done.
- In the Message subsection, select a message type:
- To send a standard notification, select Use default
- To compose an email message, select Compose a
message, provide a subject, click
Compose, enter your message, and then click
- In the Deadline section, create a notification by
repeating steps 3 through 5.
- Click Save.