Ensure that your business case moves forward in a timely manner by defining an
escalation action for a stage and a process in your case life cycle. By notifying
interested parties about an elapsed goal or deadline, you can keep the time frames that
you agree on for your business use cases.
For example, if an HR worker fails to meet the goal for running a background check on a
job candidate, a reporting manager receives a notification. If the worker misses the
deadline, the manager receives an email message with relevant details.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- In the Case life cycle section, click the element of a
case life cycle for which you want to define an escalation action:
- To send a notification after a goal or deadline for a stage that
elapses, click the stage.
- To send a notification after a goal or deadline for a process that
elapses, click the process.
- In the properties panel, click the Goal & deadline
- From the Use Service-level agreement (SLA) list, select
- In the Goal section, in the
Notify subsection, select recipients of the
- To notify a creator of the case, select
- To notify the participants of the case, select
- If you select to notify participants, click Manage
participants, select the case participants that you want to
notify, and then click Done.
- In the Message subsection, select a message type:
- To send a standard notification, select Use default
- To compose an email message, select Compose a
message, provide a subject, click
Compose, enter your message, and then click
- In the Deadline section, create a notification by
repeating steps 5 trough 7.
- Click Save.