Improve the performance of your duplicate case search and limit the number of potential duplicates by defining weighted conditions for a potential duplicate case. Determine whether the case is a potential duplicate by assigning a relative weight to each condition, and by calculating the total weight of a case.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the case working area, on the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, click the Search duplicate cases step for which you want to define the weighted conditions.
- In the step property panel, click Add weighted condition.
- In the dialog box that appears, in the Weight field, enter a
value between 1 and 100 that you want to add to the total weight of a case when the case
meets the condition.
- In the Potential duplicate, Comparator,
and Current case fields, enter the property names and values that
you want to use to determine duplicates in a comparison against the existing cases, to
determine duplicates.The application uses these values to compare existing cases against the current case to identify potential duplicates.
- Click OK.
- Optional: To add more weighted conditions, repeat steps 4 through 7.
- In the And weighted conditions sum at least field, enter a sum
of weights that represents a threshold when the case is a potential duplicate.
- Click Save.