- Ensure that your application has data to populate a document by capturing case information. For more information, see Collecting information from a user.
- Ensure that you can include all the tags that you need by defining a data model for your case. For more information, see Configuring a data model for a case.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In a process to which you want to add a Generate document shape, click .
- In the Step properties panel, select a document to use as
Choices Actions Create a new template
- Create a new document in a .docx format in a word
processor.The case document that your application generates reflects the styling that you use when you create a template, for example, the font and size.
- In the Step properties panel, click View and use fields.
- In the View and use fields window, search for a tag that you want to include in your document, and then click Copy tag.
- Paste the tag where you want to include information in your document.
- Repeat steps 3.c and 3.d for the tags that you need, and then save the document.
- In the Choose template document section, click Upload.
- In the Upload file window, click Choose file, and then navigate to the text template.
- Click Open.
- Click Done.
Use an existing template
- In the Choose template document list, select a template that you want to use.
- Create a new document in a .docx format in a word processor.
- In the Document name field, enter a descriptive name for
the output document.
For example: Name your document Job offer.
- In the Category list, select a category for your document.
- Click Save.
- Case documents tags
Customize your case documents by configuring the tags that you include in your case document templates. For example, if your case includes financial information, you can include tags for the currency.
- Case documents specifications
Ensure that your application generates the necessary documents in a case life cycle by learning more about the specifications of the elements that you can include in your case documents. You can then save time by generating documents that do not display error messages, and understand how you can achieve your business goals by including relevant business data in the output documents.
- Case documents error messages
Resolve any issues when you generate case documents by understanding the error messages. Inline error messages that an output document displays might help you locate and fix the issue.
- Activities for integrating cases with Excel documents
To integrate case data with external resources, call the pxParseExcelFile and pxGenerateExcelFile activities that Pega Platform provides. When you call these activities, you can import and export case data by using Excel files.
- Tags for generating .docx documents through APIs
APIs support generating formatted and personalized documents that you can use during case processing. To save time and resources, the pxGenerateWordDocument API provides the possibility of generating a .docx document on the server side, without installing additional software, such as Silverlight.