Email approvals are a convenient way of requesting approval from stakeholders that use email messages to request and grant the approval. By configuring a case type to support email approval, your application's users can approve or reject case steps remotely, without having to log in to your application.
The following process describes an example of a case approval by email:
- Case workers processing a case in an end user portal move the case through the different steps in the life cycle.
- The case reaches an approval step in the life cycle that is configured to send an email with an approval request.
- Your application sends the email to the reporting manager of the case worker that last updated the case. The email includes an embedded prompt to accept or reject the case step.
- The manager clicks a button in the email message, which generates an email response that includes their decision and sends the email back to the application.
- Your application receives the response, and either moves the case forward when the
manager decides to approve the case, or moves the case to an alternate stage in the life
cycle when the manager decides to reject the case.
You can also configure case behavior after an approval or a rejection to meet your specific business needs. For more information, see Requesting approval from users.
- Requesting approval by email and push notification
Provide greater flexibility and convenience for users of your application when they process a case, by enabling approval by email and push notification. Users can then accept, reject, or take other actions on a case without having to log in to the application.