Provide greater flexibility and convenience for users of your application when they process a case, by enabling approval by email and push notification. Users can then accept, reject, or take other actions on a case without having to log in to the application.
- Add an approval step to your case life cycle. For more information, see Requesting approval from a user.
- To send approval requests by email, create an email integration by enabling case creation by email. For more information, see Enabling creation by email of top-level cases. You can also manually create an email listener and Service Email rule. For more information, see Creating an email integration and Creating a Service Email rule.
- To send approval requests by push notification, install your mobile app on a device, and then enable push notifications in the app. For more information, see Developing mobile apps, Engaging mobile users with push notifications, Generating native mobile apps and Configuring a mobile notification channel.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- Click the Approve/Reject step for which you want to add email or push notification approval requests.
- In the Step properties pane, in the Enable approval
from section, select how you want to send the approval message:
You can select both email and push notification forms.
- To request approval by email, select the Email check box.
- To request approval by push notification, select the Mobile check box.
- In the Email subject / Push notification message field, enter
text that you want to use as an email subject or a push notification message.You can reference property names in the subject to make it more dynamic and meaningful.
For example: Enter Case .pyCaseID is waiting for your approval. Result: At run time, the application autopopulates the properties with relevant data. For example, at run time the email subject is Case LoanRequest-123 is waiting for your approval.
- If you request approval by email, define your message content:
Choices Actions Compose a message
- In the Email content list, select Custom, and then click Compose email content.
- In the Compose message window, create your message by using the rich text editor.
- Optional: To add the email message to a template library to reuse in the future, click . In the Template name field provide the template name, and then click Save.
- Click Done.
Reuse a template
- In the Email content list, select Use existing.
- In the list of email templates, select a template that you want to use.You can select templates from your template library as well as from the default templates.
- Optional: To modify the message to meet your unique business needs, click Compose email content, modify the message by using a rich text editor, and then click Done.
- Optional: To add attachments to the email, select the Include attachments
check box, and then select the files that you want to upload:
Actions Choices Include all case attachments Select All case attachments. Include only specific case attachments
- Select Choose attachments.
- Click Add attachment.
- In the drop-down list, select whether you want to include an attachment of a particular category, or add the content of a field in your case.
- In the field below, select an attachment category or a field that you want to
include as an attachment.
For example: If you select a category of scanned documents, your application attaches all scanned documents to the email. For example: If you select a field that stores the amount of the loan requested, your application creates an attachment that contains the amount.
- To add more attachments, repeat steps 7.b through 7.d.
- Click Save.