- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App.
- In the class of the case type that you want to configure, expand the Process section.
- Click Attachment Category, and then click the name of the attachment category that you want to configure.
- Identify the case attachments types that your attachment category supports:
- Click the Availability tab.
- Select the check box next to one or more relevant attachment types.
- On the Security tab, restrict user actions on the attachment
Choices Actions Restrict user actions accordingly to a privilege
- In the Access control list by privilege section, in the Privilege field, enter a privilege that you want to use to grant user actions.
- Select a check box in one or more columns, based on the user operations that this privilege grants.
- To add more privileges and specify other actions for each privilege, click Add privilege, and then repeat steps 5.a and 5.b.
Restrict user actions accordingly to a when condition
- Optional: To allow users to choose which teams can access the attachments that the users provide, select the Enable attachment-level security check box.
- Click Save.
- Extension points and supporting rules for attachments
You can use extension points, system settings, and standard rules to customize the processing that occurs when you add an attachment to a case. For example, you can scan an attachment for viruses.