Manage data in your application more efficiently by saving case data to a
data page. As a result, you can save the data in a separate object, and then manage the data
independently of the case. Consequently, you speed up your application development and promote
reuse of resources.
For example, in a financial application, if you save customer
banking history as a data page, you can reuse the data in other rules or pages in your
application that require the use of a data page.
Before you begin: Configure a savable data page. For more information, see Creating a data page save plan.
When you save information to a data page, you can either call
the data page directly or use an autopopulated property. Autopopulated properties prevent your
application from monitoring changes in key parameters as they automatically retrieve the
object as soon as any property value of the object is needed and a key to the object is
available. Completing these actions improves the performance of your application.
- Add the Save data page step to your case life cycle:
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- In a process where you want to preload a data page, click .
- Click Select.
- Optional: To provide a unique name for the step, in the Save data page
field, enter a value.For example: Enter Save banking history.
- Configure how your application saves information to the data page:
|Save data directly to the data page|
- In the Step properties pane, in the Data Page
Name field, enter the name of the savable data page.
- Optional: If the data page has parameters, in the Parameters
section, specify values for the parameters.
|Use an autopopulated property|
- In the Step properties pane, select the Use
associated property check box.
- In the Autopopulate Property Name field, enter the
name of the property that you want to use.
- Optional: To provide more information for auditing purposes, in the Audit
note field, press the Down arrow key, and then select an audit note to
associate with the step.
- Optional: To enable users to navigate to this step from the case bread crumb navigation, select
the Enable navigation link check box.
- Click Save.