Tracking case workers based on geolocation data
Record the location of users who work on specific assignments by enabling location tracking for case types. For example, enable location tracking in tasks for service employees in the field so that dispatchers can more effectively assign work to the employees based on their current location.
- Consult local laws for possible restrictions on location tracking.
- Configure the dynamic system settings with your Google API license key. For more information, see Configuring dynamic system settings for geographic reference.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click General.
- Select the Enable geolocation tracking check box.
- Click Save.
If you dismiss the prompt, the geolocation tracking feature might not work. You can display the prompt again by refreshing your browser window.
- Disabling geolocation tracking
Disable geolocation tracking in case types in which it is not necessary to track the location of a case worker in the audit trail of a case. For example, you can turn off tracking for all Auto Loan cases because they are processed in the same office.
Previous topic Changing the case ID format Next topic Disabling geolocation tracking