You can provide greater flexibility to your cases and complement them with
more information by adding supporting processes to stages. When you add a supporting process
to a stage, additional processing can occur only while the case is in that stage.
For example, a customer service representative that works on a car insurance case can use a
supporting process to collect additional information and materials about the accident, when the
case is in a Collect accident details stage.
Result: At run time, you can refer to the header of a case to find the
supporting processes that are attached to the current stage.What to do next: Provide relevant tasks for a supporting process and define
when a user can work on the process:
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- In the Case life cycle section, click Optional
- In the Stage-only actions section, click
Action below the stage to which you want to add a supporting
- Choose a supporting process:
- To add a new process, click Process.
- To add an existing process, click , and then select a process.
- Replace the default label for the process with a name that describes the purpose.
- Click Save.