- Ensure that your application can use Theme Cosmos. For more information, see Enabling hybrid mode.
- Enable case tags so that tagging is available at run time. For more information, see Enabling case tags.
- Add the Tag custom page to the navigation menu of the end-user portal, to enable searching for tags on the Tag landing page. For more information, see Organizing the main menu for a portal and Custom pages.
At run time, you can add tags to a case by selecting from a list of available tags or by creating new tags. For more information about creating a set of default suggested tags for cases, see Creating suggested tags for cases.
You can tag a case regardless of its current status.
- Log in to an end-user portal, for example User Portal.
- Open a case:
- Search for the case.
- Click on the case in the worklist or work queue on your dashboard.
- In the Summary pane of the case, click .
- In the Manage Tags dialog box, select a tag from the list
of existing tags or enter a new tag name, for example
Note: Tags cannot contain spaces and are limited to 64 characters. Tip: You can also add tags by clicking items in the Tags recently used by me section of the dialog box.
- Click Add.
- Optional: To add more tags, repeat steps 4 to 5.
- Optional: To remove a tag association from a case, in the Manage Tags dialog box, click the Unlink this tag icon next to the tag that you want to remove.
- Close the dialog box.
Result: The tags that you add appears in the Tags widget, in the associated tags list: Note: You can now manage case tags by clicking the Manage tags icon, and then adding or removing tags.