Collect information from a user who processes a case by using the Question page
shape. By providing a structured format for questions and answers, you can quickly incorporate
user feedback into a case. For example, in a car insurance case, a case worker asks a customer
a set of questions about the circumstances of an accident, and then uses the answers to create
a summary of the insurance claim.
Only standard Pega Platform applications support running a question page
from the case life cycle outside of a questionnaire. In applications based on Cosmos React, you can run a questionnaire by using the Questionnaire shape. For
more information, see Running a questionnaire in a case.
Before you begin: Create a question page that you want to run in a case. For more
information, see Create a question page.
- Add the Question page shape to the life cycle of your case.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, in the Life cycle
section, hover over a process in a stage, and then click .
- Click Select.
- In the Answer set of questions field, provide a name for the
step, for example, Rate the product.
- In the Route to field, press the Down arrow key, and then select
the user who is responsible for answering the questions on the page:
- To route the question page to the user who currently processes the case, select
- To route the question page to a specific user, select Specific
user, and then, in the Operator field, enter the ID
of the user to complete the question page.
- Optional: To control whether your application displays the question page at run time, in the
Display when field, press the Down arrow key, and then select a
when condition.For example: Display a set of questions about the details of a vehicle only if the customer's
insurance covers the type of accident that a customer had.
- Optional: To provide additional comments about the question page, in the Audit
note field, enter some helpful extra text.
- Click Save.