Calling a data transform from a case
Save time and speed up case processing by prepopulating data in your case. When you add the Run data transform shape to a case life cycle, your application converts data from an external source to a format that fits your case. For example, while processing a purchase order, you can populate the shipping address with the data that the user provides as their billing address.
- Create a data transform that you want the case to call. For more information, see Data transforms.
- Mark the data transform as a relevant record in your application. For more information, see Marking a record as relevant.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the process in which you want to call a data transform, click , and then click Select
- In the Step properties pane, in the Run data transform list, select the data transform that you want to call in this step.
- Optional: In the Audit note field, enter some helpful extra
For example: Enter Data transform updated.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Attaching screen captures to a case Next topic Creating contextual cases