To facilitate a more efficient resolution of your business goals, ensure that
users have relevant data during case processing by selecting attachments categories that a
case type supports. When you categorize attachments, you define business classifications to
provide access control policies that are specific to each attachment category.
example, first add a Classified category so that later you can define a group of users who can
access the content of this category, such as managers.
You can save time by selecting an existing category or create
new categories to address your business requirements. You can also specify whether an
attachment of a specific category is required to resolve a case. Consider a scenario for a
loan application case type, in which a resolution is possible only when a case contains a
document with the proof of income of an applicant.Note: Only standard Pega Platform applications support categories for case attachments. Applications
that you build on Cosmos React do not support this
Result: The system applies your changes to all unresolved cases. Users
can select the attachment category when they add an attachment to a case.What to do next: Define a set of actions that users can take on every
attachment category. For more information, see Restricting user actions for case attachments.
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that
you want to open.
- On the Settings tab, click Attachment
- Click Add attachment category.
- In the Category name field, identify an attachment
- To create a new attachment category, enter a unique name.
- To use an existing attachment category, press the Down arrow key, and then select
the name of the attachment category.
- Optional: To ensure that a case contains at least one attachment in the attachment category when
a user submits the case, select the Required for resolution
- Click OK.
- Click Save.