- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, define when the case
changes the status:
Choices Actions Change the status when the case reaches a specific stage
- Click the header of the stage that you want to configure.
- In the Stage properties pane, on the General tab, in the Set case status on stage entry field, press the Down arrow key, and then select a value that you want to apply.
Change the status when the case reaches a specific step
- Click the step that you want to configure.
- In the Step properties pane, on the General tab, in the Set case status field, press the Down arrow key, and then select a value that you want to apply.
- Click Save.
For relevant training materials, see the Case status module on Pega Academy.
- Case status values
The value of a case status is a primary source of information for users about the current state of a business process. For example, by analyzing a case status, users can learn whether a case is already in progress or awaits an action, and then make informed decisions about actions to take. A detailed case status conveys the essential information about a business process, and as a result, promotes a unified understanding of a case between the stakeholders that the case involves.
- Defining a custom case status
Define a custom case status to more precisely communicate the progress that a case makes toward resolution.
- Standard rules and extension points for case status
You can use standard rules and extension points to programmatically update, retrieve, or analyze the status of a case.