Conditionally displaying a question in a questionnaire
Define conditions to ensure that your questionnaire displays relevant questions, based on the context of the questionnaire participant. For example, in an onboarding application, a question about a preferred office chair is displayed only if the employee does not work remotely.
- Navigate to the questionnaire:
Choices Actions Open the questionnaire in App Studio
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- In the list of case types, open a case type of the Questionnaire type that you want to edit.
Open the questionnaire in Dev Studio
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click the questionnaire that you want to edit.
- Click the question for which you want to configure visibility conditions.
- In the Question settings pane, in the Visibility conditions section, click the Properties icon.
- In the Conditions dialog box, create a condition by providing a
value to compare at run time, a comparator, and a value to compare against the first
For example: To show the question only to users who have a Gold or Platinum account, create a condition AccountType is in list "Gold", "Platinum".
- Optional: To add more conditions, click Add a row.
- If you create multiple conditions, define whether a question needs to meet all or any conditions by selecting either and or or between the rows.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Making a question required in a questionnaire Next topic Conditionally displaying a question page in a questionnaire