Configuring an email notification channel
In Dev Studio, you can configure an email channel to send notifications to users. Users can reply to email notifications to post messages in a conversation.
- Click the Records Explorer and expand the Process category.
- Click Notification.
- Click the notification for which you want to configure an email channel.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- If email notifications are enabled, customize the email channel by performing the
- In the Subject field, keep the default field value or enter the field value that holds your notification message for email notifications. Click the Open icon, to create a new field value or to open the field value that you specified.
- Optional: Enter parameters for the field value in the Parameters section.
- In the Correspondence field, enter a correspondence template for the email message body. Click the Open icon, to create a new correspondence or to open the correspondence that you specified.
- From the Default preference list, enable or disable the
email channel for all the users in your application.This value is displayed as the default option for the email channel when users see their notification preferences at run time. They can update the preferences as needed.
- Click Save.
- Displaying application-specific correspondence
Help users more intuitively send correspondence from cases by providing correspondence prompts that are specific to the context of the current application. As a result, run-time users interact with a relevant list of available correspondence templates, such as templated email messages, so that they can send correspondence faster.
Previous topic Configuring a web gadget notification channel Next topic Displaying application-specific correspondence