- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Process category, and then click Flow Action.
- In the list of flow action instances, open the flow action that you want to edit.
- On the Action tab, in the Pre-processing section, in the Apply data transform field, specify a data transform that the system applies to the current primary page at run time.
- If the data transform includes parameters, in the Parameters section, enter values for the parameters.
- In the Run activity field, specify an activity that the
system runs before performing any additional processing for the flow
Consider the following factors when you use an activity for pre-processing:
- This activity runs only once, when a user selects the flow action for an assignment, even if the application displays the action area more than once. For example, when the data that the user submits for the first time fails validation. The activity also runs when you preview the flow action.
- In the activity that you want to use, do not perform a Commit operation, and do not transfer the assignment.
- If the activity has parameters, in the Parameters section, enter values for the parameters.
- If you use Robotic Desktop Automation (RDA), specify the pre-processing
automation that you want to run on the user's desktop to retrieve data to
display to users on a form in your application:
- In the Run robotic automation field, enter an automation name.
- In the Description field, enter text that describes what the automation does.
- Click Save.
In pre-processing, the system first applies a data transform, runs an activity, and then runs an automation. Specify the elements of pre-processing that match your needs. For example, you can specify only a data transform, and you can omit providing robotic automation and an activity.