In Dev Studio, you can configure a web gadget channel to send notifications to users. Web gadget notifications are displayed as messages in the application at run time.
- Click the Records Explorer and expand the Process category.
- Click Notification.
- Click the notification for which you want to configure a web gadget channel.
- On the Channels tab, in the Display
section field of the Web gadget section, keep the
default section or enter a section to display your notification message. Click the
Open icon to create a new section or to open the section that you
Note: To ensure that users receive notifications from at least one channel, you cannot disable web gadget notifications. However, users can update their notification preferences at run time.
- From the Default preference list, enable or disable the web
gadget channel for all the users in your application.This value is displayed as the default option for the web gadget channel when users see their notification preferences at run time. They can update the preferences as needed.
- Optional: Configure multiple web gadget channels for different notification categories:
- On the Advanced tab, keep the default field value or enter a field value of type pyNotificationCategory in the Category field that displays your notification under the corresponding web gadget at run time. Click the Open icon to create a new field value or to open the field value that you specified.
- Enter parameters for the field value in the Parameters section.
- Click Save.