Creating cases in bulk
Create cases in bulk to define case details, such as labels and work statuses, in one step without manually interacting with individual forms. For example, in an insurance application, you can save time by creating multiple cases for home, car, and life insurance in bulk.
- Ensure that your access group is associated with a role that grants you the Work-.PerformBulk privilege. For more information, see Granting privileges to an access role.
- Optional: To define more case details during bulk creation, customize the pyBulkCreate section by adding relevant properties.
- In the Bulk section, click Create.
- In the Case Type list, select the name of a top-level case
type.Pega Platform supports bulk creation only for parent case types.
- Click Add Case, and then define values for your cases:
- In the Label field, enter the name of the case that is
visible in worklists and forms.
Result: The application stores labels in the Work-.pyLabel property.
- In the Description field, enter the purpose of the
Result: The application stores descriptions in the Work-.pyDescription property.
- In the Status list, select the initial status of the
Result: The application stores statuses in the Work-.pyStatusWork property and updates them automatically when case workers process a case.
- In the Label field, enter the name of the case that is visible in worklists and forms.
- Optional: To create more cases, repeat step 4.
- Click Create Cases.
Previous topic Bulk processing Next topic Updating cases in bulk