Creating a primary stage
Represent main phases of your business process by creating primary stages in a case life cycle. By creating stages, you can ensure that your work is divided into logical phases, so that you can track and resolve the tasks more conveniently.Primary stages visualize the main phases of your business process. For example, for a Review job application case type, you can create stages, such as Submission, Application review, Decision, and Job offer.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, click
Stage, and then enter a unique name in the text box.By default, the system creates a stage for each case life cycle that you define.
- In the Stage property panel, on the
General tab, define the transition after this stage is
- To move to the next stage, select Automatically move to next stage.
- To let the customer service representative decide which stage the case enters, select Wait for a user action.
- To close the case, select Resolve the case, and then define the resolution status and options.
- Click Save.
Previous topic Technical considerations for the Create stage in existing case types Next topic Creating an alternate stage