- Create an SLA rule:
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Process category, and then click Service Level Agreement.
- In the Label field, enter a short description for the rule.
- In the Context section, select an application to which the rule applies.
- In the Apply to field, select a class to which the rule applies.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select a ruleset for the rule.
- Optional: To enable traceability of the rule, in the Current work item section, enter the work item to associate with the rule, for example, a bug ID.
- Click Create and open.
- On the General tab, in the Initial
urgency field, define the urgency for the assignment that you can associate
with the rule by entering an integer between 0 and 99.An assignment has the default urgency of 10. The system adds the value in this field to arrive at the initial urgency.
- In the Assignment ready list, define the starting time for
- To send the assignment to a worklist or a work queue immediately after the user or an automation creates an assignment, select Immediately.
- To define the starting time by using a Date/Time value, select Dynamically defined on a property, and then, in the Get Date Time From field, enter the property that references the value.
- To start the assignment after a period of time, select Timed delay, and then, in the Days, Hours, and Minutes fields, specify the delay.
- In the Service level definitions section, in the
Calculate service levels field, select a method of calculating
intervals for goal and deadline:
- To manually specify the intervals, select Interval from when assignment is ready, and then, in the Goal and Deadline sections, enter the intervals.
- To define the time intervals as values of properties, select Set the value of a property, and then, in the Goal and Deadline sections, in the Property fields, enter the properties that reference goal and deadline dates and times.
- Optional: To facilitate timely resolution of work, define escalation actions that occur when the
goal and deadline pass:
- In the Amount to increase urgency field, enter the number that an application adds to the initial urgency then the time interval passes.
- In the Actions section, in the Select action row, click Edit.
- In the Perform action list, select an action that occurs
when the time interval passes, and then provide relevant details if necessary.
- Optional: To perform the escalation action only under specific circumstances, in the When field, enter a when rule.
- Optional: To add more escalation actions, click Add an action, and then repeat steps 5.a through 5.d.
- Optional: To define the number of the passed deadline events and the time when the passed deadline events occur, in the Passed deadline section, enter the appropriate values.
- Click Save.
Creating an SLA rule in Dev Studio is appropriate for only advanced developers. To take advantage of low-code tools, define SLAs in App Studio. For more information, see Setting service-level agreements (SLAs) for case resolution and Setting service-level agreements (SLAs) for stages, processes, and steps.