For greater flexibility of your cases, ensure that users, for example customer service representatives (CSRs), see optional tasks only when the tasks are relevant to the case that CSRs currently process. By defining conditions for displaying optional tasks, you accelerate case resolution and save time, because users work only on significant tasks.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the Case life cycle section, click Optional actions.
- Click an optional action that is a step in the Case wide
actions section or the Stage-only actions
section.If you select an action in the Case wide actions section, CSRs can process the actions at any point in the case. If you select the action in the Stage-only actions section, CSRs can process the action when a case enters a particular stage.
- In the User action section, define the conditions for
displaying the task:
Choices Actions Always display the task In the Visible list, select Always. Create a custom condition for displaying the task
- In the Visible list, select Custom condition.
- Next to the list, click the Configure condition icon.
- In the Configure condition window,
select a condition, a comparator, and a value to compare
with the condition.
For example: Case status is equal to New
- Optional: To define more conditions, click the Add row icon, and then repeat substep 4.c.
- Optional: To group the conditions, select comparators from the
For example: To make only one condition compulsory, in the list of comparators, select OR.
- Optional: To reuse the condition for other steps in the future, click .
- Click Submit.
Use an existing condition for displaying the task
- In the Visible list, select Existing condition.
- In the list of conditions, select a value.
- Click Save.